Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Monasterio de Santa Catalina


One of the highlights of Arequipa was a visit to the Santa Catalina Monastary. It is an enormous complex which was described in the guidebook as a "photographer's paradise". It sure was.


I spent 4 hours wandering around in a photographer's daze. I lost Carmen within a few minutes of the visit. I found her once, then I promptly got lost again. She finally gave up looking for me and went back to the hotel.



I may return tomorrow for Round 2. These are pics taken with my good camera. I figured out how to reduce them in size enough to upload.

2 comments:

Mocha said...

Oh, the colors! The blues! The yellows!

Great photos. So glad you got that new camera so I could covet it through you.
xoxo

Shana said...

Such beautiful colors! Can't wait to see more pics. Happy travels and a safe return!